What to Expect During Commercial HVAC Maintenance
An effective HVAC system is essential to your Jacksonville, North Carolina, business. Your commercial HVAC system is a major investment. You want it running smoothly and in top condition for its entire lifespan. In addition, you want to prevent any disruptions or malfunctions of your system that may result in loss of revenue, which no business wants to experience. Regular maintenance of your commercial HVAC system provides many benefits. Let’s take a look at some of the benefits and tasks our service technicians will perform during a maintenance call.
For the AC System
You want to feel confident that when your business needs cool air. Therefore, schedule your air conditioning maintenance in the spring before it gets too warm. As a result, your AC system will run flawlessly. Some of the tasks we will perform from our extensive checklist include:
- Cleaning the condenser coil.
- Inspecting all electrical components and wiring.
- Checking the blower motor and wheel.
- Making sure the condensate drains are clean and clear.
- Cleaning and changing air filters.
- Measuring the voltage of the motor.
- Checking thermostats and operating systems.
- Performing an air test and checking for proper airflow throughout the building.
- Checking and filling refrigerant levels as needed and inspecting lines for leaks.
- Inspecting the compressor and cleaning the coil and cabinet.
- Testing the start capacitors, relays and compressors.
For the Heating System
Don’t let your business get left in the cold! Schedule your furnace maintenance in the early fall so that you can guarantee your employees and customers will feel comfortable when the temperatures begin to plummet. Our checklist for furnace maintenance includes:
- Making sure the condensate drain is clean and flows freely.
- Inspecting and cleaning the outside unit.
- Cleaning or changing the air filters.
- Checking the heat exchanger for rust, cracks, or signs of corrosion.
- Inspecting the pilot light and all aspects of the ignition system, including the burners.
- Cleaning and checking the blower fan.
- Checking all thermostat controls.
- Measuring the flue gases.
- Inspecting the gas line and making sure that all connections are tight and sealed.
- Carefully inspecting all belts for signs of wear and replacing if necessary.
- Inspecting safety controls.
- Cleaning the combustion chamber.
Benefits of Regular Maintenance
Ideally, you should have your commercial HVAC system maintained twice per year. Schedule your appointment well ahead of the time when you will need to run the system. Here are some of the benefits you’ll receive with regular maintenance:
- Extended lifespan of your HVAC system.
- Lower operating costs.
- Reduced repair bills.
- Fewer replacement parts.
- Increased employee productivity.
- Increased comfort for your customers.
- Improved indoor air quality.
- Reduced downtime and revenue loss.
- Won’t void warranty.
- Greater energy-efficiency.
- Consistent temperatures throughout the building.
Invest in a Maintenance Agreement
What’s a maintenance agreement? It’s a contract that ensures regular and timely maintenance on your commercial HVAC system. When you run or own a business, you don’t need the headache of trying to remember when your last HVAC maintenance was on top of everything else you manage. With an agreement, we’ll pre-schedule your appointments and work with you on the appropriate days and hours to minimize any interruptions to your business. Because each system is different and the needs of your business may differ from others, we can customize your biannual maintenance and service for your particular HVAC system.
Our team of expert HVAC service technicians has specialized knowledge of the complexities of servicing commercial heating and cooling systems. They have all the tools necessary to perform the work. We understand how all of the parts and equipment operate and can skillfully spot any issues and fix them. As a result, your system will run in top condition all year.
Do you want to schedule your commercial HVAC maintenance or learn more about our maintenance agreements? Call Gideon Heating & Air Conditioning at (910) 447-2905 today.
Image provided by Shutterstock
You May Also Like
6 Common Geothermal System Myths in Wallace, NC
A geothermal system may be your best HVAC option for you if you want a more ecologically friendly and efficient method to… Continue Reading 6 Common Geothermal System Myths in Wallace, NC…
Should You Repair or Replace Your Heat Pump?
It’s challenging to decide whether to repair or replace your heat pump. How do you tell which choice is best for you… Continue Reading Should You Repair or Replace Your Heat Pump?…
Signs You Need Duct Sealing Services
Your HVAC system’s ducts sit behind walls. Since they’re out of sight, you likely never think about them. But keeping your HVAC… Continue Reading Signs You Need Duct Sealing Services…